Due to the recent focus on Coronavirus, we would like to take the opportunity to set out the company’s position on the various issues that may arise.
We have made investments in our technology infrastructure and business continuity planning to ensure we can operate all our systems and processes remotely with no interruption to normal service levels. This will ensure we’re able to provide you with seamless service should any of our colleagues need to work remotely (e.g., due to self-isolation, school closures, etc.) or should we decide to close our office and/or switch to a remote working model.
Taking measures to reduce the spread of the virus
We have advised all employees to follow the following guidelines from the World Health Organisation on infection control:
• Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
• When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash your hands.
• Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough.
• Maintain social distancing, do not shake hands
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
• If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
All engineers carry hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial handwipes on their vans & office staff have access to hand sanitiser
All staff have been advised to update the company on any future travel plans to the high-risk areas and keep themselves informed of any countries requiring self-isolation on return.
Homeworking by office personnel
SCS has web-based email, hosted telephone system, with remote access to customer folders and accounting software.
We have purchased laptops for every office member to allow homeworking if there was a case for isolation.
We have put in equipment for the office personnel to take their desk phone home with them, all the normal SCS phone numbers would remain the same.
The warehouse would be isolated, with 2 members of staff, 1 located upstairs in the technical room, and 1 located downstairs in the warehouse office, with separate W. Cs, this is again dependent on an available courier service to replenish engineers.
SCS has purchased additional items of the day to day items, and are located in our warehouse, this is to replenish the engineers, and less reliant on 3rd party distributors holding stock.
SCS have dedicated service engineers, spread across the U.K, were any of these engineers have to be isolated or fell ill with the virus, an installation engineer would take his place in the short term.
SCS would look to use subcontractors, dependant on engineer training and infrastructure availability.
Contracted maintenance customers would take precedent, with a best endeavours basis with calls being prioritised, based on urgency and amount of people affected.
We continue to actively monitor updates from our suppliers
Control Measures in place for Engineers
• Don’t accept refreshments from any site you are working on
• If a customer appears at all unwell, ask if they have visited any of the affected areas or been in contact with someone who has
• Electronic signature, wipe between uses, or sign on behalf of the customer
• All vans have wipes issued
• All vans have anti-bacterial sanitiser
Control measures in place for office
• IT measures are fully in place for homeworking
• No deliveries to be taken into the office
• No access for delivery personnel into the warehouse
• Hand sanitisers readily available
• Gloves are readily available
As always, we remain committed to supporting you with an exceptional level of service and will continue to monitor the situation, providing you with updates appropriately and promptly. If you have any questions, please call us on 0800 3777 485.
Managing Director, SCS Technologies Ltd